As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

One Day, Two Boxing Clubs, Countless Goodbyes

Early morning sparring for me!!!
It was my last early morning sparring session with Queen Spar and today she had another fighter come join us in the ring, a fighter I hadn't yet sparred with or met.  
It made for a great sparring session because the two of them are 
such different opponents to fight with.
Then it was off to Whitby for a hair appointment at my girl Marney's hair shop.
I jumped on the GO Train to head out there and then was joined by my dad at the station.
With my hair all did, I then got back on the GO Train and headed back into the city.
I always love getting my hair done.  It's so crisp and fresh looking.

In the evening I dropped by Clancy's Boxing to say goodbye to everyone there.
Balboa scored some sweet treats and I took in a lot of hugs.
Said goodbye to Coach Rico and got in one last picture, this time with Balboa.

No comments: