As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, February 06, 2017

Bulk Cooking... Monday, February 6

I've returned to simply eating clean, no more Keto, so today I returned to bulk cooking.

Good bye bacon but hello whole wheat bread.
Good bye cream but hello fruit.

Am happy to be saying hello to a lot of food I love.

It's been a while since I've done any kind of bulk cooking; a perk of not having a regular job, in my eyes.  Because I spend a good chunk of my day working on my business planning, whether that be my proposal, stuff for Hulk's in Korea or my personal training, it means that I'm also home for a good chunk of my day or could be if I so desired to be.  I don't necessarily have to go to the library to work but it gets me out of my house, away from distractions and makes me more productive.  Being home though, it means cooking whatever I want whenever I want; no real need for bulk cooking.  

I now live with my friends MaG, a couple I've known since my university days.  I'm trying not to interrupt their schedules or inconvience them.  I wake up usually after they've left for work and I come home after they've gone to bed.  In between that time though today, waking up and going to sleep, I did some grocery shopping and bulk cooking. 

14 meals made -- 5 pasta dishes, 5 stirfrys, 4 breakfast meals, and 1 dessert.

Ingreidents used included brocolli, cauliflower, chicken, oatmeal, tomatoe sauce, cheese, corn, mixed berries, soy sauce, whole wheat pasta, and spices. 

With the addition of 15 containers I bought to store them all in, all the groceries I bought for my meals plus some apples, bananas, flax seed bread and coffee for additional snacks, the total for it all came out to $66.  But considering I'll use the containers again, won't need coffee for another month, and have plenty of spice left over, really it only came out to $40.  

Oh, and I still have a lot of corn and oatmeal left over and about 1/3 a bag of berries.

$40 for 14 meals (plus a dessert.. Jello).  That's $2.86 a meal.  

...and who says eating healthier is more expensive?! Right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog very much. Your life and mine are complete opposites but your enthusiasm and sheer courage and love of animals is very inspiring. This isn't a criticism, but I recently changed from buying jars of spaghetti sauce (I noticed your jar of sauce in the photo) to buying cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and adding minced garlic, oregano, parsley, onions, bell peppers, and whatever I like, to make a much better sauce. I guess it's all the preservatives in the commercial sauces that I'm trying to stay away from. Anyway, you might like to try that method sometime. I hope all of your dreams come true and that you stay safe when you travel to other countries. I admire your adventurous spirit! I, too, come from a Polish heritage and you are a typical dynamo Pole!

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for the tip on the sauce, much appreciated. I just figured I'd buy store-made sauce because of the quantity of meals I was making for. I knew it was already time consuming having to make them so I thought it'd cut down on time.. and dishes ;) You're a Pole too, nice!!! Thanks so much for the encouragement and support, much appreciated. My life isn't easy but it's definitely not boring. There's always something going on and something to be thankful for.