As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Asia February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I'm at now, living in the land of the happy people.

The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love.

Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Despite Concerns, I Am Alive... Friday, February 24

I jumped in Betty-the-Beast (the jeep) and was greeted with a "Welcome back Amy".

I was totally MIA yesterday, wow, like I have never ever been.  Even my friends whose home I'm staying at got super concerned.  They hadn't heard from me since yesterday morning and they had started to speculate numerous possible situations.  They both agreed to wait till the morning so today, this morning, they knocked on my bedroom door and opened it to see if I was there.

I was there.

"You ARE alive!"  Yes, I was very much alive, just sporting wicked bed head and mad morning mouth.

...and now I'm back to being as busy as a bee, running around Toronto, and juggling training with working on my business plan.

Headed to the dog park tonight and let Balboa go wild.  He's all over the place, meeting new four-legged friends and trying to pee on everything and anything.  I on the other hand spent my time snapping pictures of all the four-legged cuties and petting everything and anything that approached me or let me approach them.  I think I love the dog park more than Balboa.

Later in the evening I went to System for training.  I had picked up a new post workout supplement -- Supernova -- and wanted to give it a go.  I needed to take it before training but with nothing but a cup of cold coffee on hand, I downed it dry.  I tried to work up enough saliva to help get it down but man was that stuff ever so sour, wow.  Ended up having to swirl some cold coffee in my mouth to rinse it and then finish the flush.

Supernova... super great.  Pumped out a mad workout on the weights, worked up quite the sweat and left the gym with a solid pump on.

No comments: