As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Killing My Wallet and that Safe

Headed to the vet with Balboa today, to get some paper work done, and we ran into a fellow four-legged friend and the vet's oversized store cat. 
What was suppose to be a simple filling out of papers turned into a chunk of my wallet being taken out... $272.60.  Ouch.  The silliness of this all is in the fact that just half a year ago Balboa came all the way from Korea to Canada so it's not like he's not up to date with his shots and it didn't cost me nearly this much.  
So far it's cost over $800... and it's not done yet!!!
Disparate to find extra cash, I took another crack at breaking open the safe, hoping that perhaps some of my bartending cash from university days would be in it.  No such luck.  The safe wasn't totally cracked open but we did manage to squeeze some of the items out, like an envelop full of love letters, sent to me by my first serious boyfriend and one that used to call me Spazowski, and the safe's instruction booklet.  "How to open your safe if you lose your keys or can't remember your combo" -- nice to know that I kept that booklet safe and sound IN the safe.  
[Enter face palm right here!!!]

No comments: