As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bite Me... Saturday, March 25

One of my friends is quite the busy-body business lady, she's like the jack of all trades socialite and she asked me to attend an event she was hosting in Forte BGC, a posh city located about 30 minutes from Eastwood, my city.  The event is a food festival called "Bite Me" and, well, you know I'm all about food so off to BGC I headed.

Tasted the bestest of best burgers E-V-E-R!!!  The Assassin by Bros & Burger.  I can't even begin to explain just how delish it was in my mouth... The lightness of the bun, the grilled perfection of the beef patty, and then the wasabi bite that lingered in your mouth after you took a champ-of-a-bite of it.  Seriously, it was a pretty epic burger!

I indulged in an ice cream cookie sandwich minus it being an actual sandwich, my choice.  It was way too hot and I knew it'd leave me looking like a hot mess with ice cream down the front of me and caramel sauce oozing all over the place.  It was a good dessert but not note-worthy epic like The Assassin burger.

Heading out to the festival made for a long day and I returned home with my left foot absolutely throbbing.  I think I have plantar fasciitis in the one foot, a bad case of it too.  I lay in bed at night and my foot starts twitching because I'm off my feet finally and the ligament starts to tighten up.  Honestly, it doesn't hurt when I'm boxing because I tend to box more so on the balls of my feet and toes.  It's when I slip into sandals or just flats that it starts to hurt because then the ligament is being stretched.

Because of the festival, I headed into the gym for a double dose of training -- weight training followed by an intense session of running on the treadmill.  I felt like I had burned a couple of million trillion calories and I left looking like I had ran a marathon because of just how nasty sweaty I got.  Getting in a solid 2hr workout in the late morning though meant I had the rest of my day free to enjoy the festival and that's exactly what I did.

No comments: