As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 24, 2017

The Lights and Prettiness of Fort BGC

Headed out of town to the beautiful city of Fort BGC -- Bonifacio Global City, and was treated to dinner.
Dinner consisted of various equally delish dishes but the one that stood out, beyond the potato bombs that is, was the black rice.  It's actually dyed rice, using the ink from squid.  Very cool, ultra delish.
BGC is rather too posh and too pretty for me.  It reminds me of Yorkville in Toronto if Yorkville was spread out and consisted of blocks upon blocks of commercial buildings and sky high condos.
 Add the palm trees and, well, sorry Toronto but BGC beats your Yorkville!
But I still think my Eastwood beats BGC.  I like BGC but it always feels good to return to 
my home-away-from home, Eastwood.

No comments: