As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

The Toronto Feels in the Philippines

Guess what I found in the Philippines... a Tim Horton's, coming soon!!!
I hope it opens before I leave because I'd love to see if it's just like Timmies in Canada. 
I also found this, perhaps not the best of discoveries for my waistline.  
I'm not even a big fan of donuts but it's a much raved-about shop so I had to give it a try.
Picking wasn't easy but I had narrowed it down to just one.
Honestly, I only ate one.  The second one was for the beautiful boy who treated me to it.
(And no, I'm not talking about Balboa Button here).
Bounced back from that crazy sugar rush with a super healthy lunch.
These are called jeepneys and apparently I'll have to figure out how to use them if I'm going to be boxing outside of the area in which I'm living in.  They're super cheap and I've been told that if the jeepney is too packed and you have to hang off the back of it, your ride is free.  Based on the craziness of the driving here though, I argue they should pay you if you survive hanging off the back!
Headed out of town, to BGC, for a meeting tonight and was introduced to a posh part of the 
Philippines where they have a dog park.
It reminded me very much of Yorkville in Toronto.
Word has it that Sunday mornings this street is the place to be.
All the high end, luxury cars come here to show themselves off.

No comments: