As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Pondering an Opportunity... Friday, March 24

It's been suggested to be by numerous people now the idea of me opening my Second Dream here in the Philippines as oppose to Canada.  And I have a growing list of women telling me they'd join my business in a heart beat.  It's all flattering but to tell you the truth I didn't give it much of a thought until tonight.

For the first time since I've been here I actually pondered the idea.

Open my Second Dream here in the Philippines. Things that make you go hmmm...

In Korea I had the fame, fortune and made connections that riding both my name and Snickers' name blessed me with when it came to opening a business.  I'm not known in the Philippines but am in Canada, not as much as in Korea though.  But in terms of connections, I've come to the conclusion that I have way more here than in Canada.  My business would do well here in the Philippines but the question is do I really want to live here year round?

What's in Canada that's not here in the Philippines?
My friends and the comfort of feeling "at home".

I'd like to say my family but I've been in Canada for over a year and a half and really haven't met up with many of them.  Plus, I do have my adopted family here and they're well in the double digits plus they're so much different than my blood family in Canada.

This past week I was asked if I'd be able to stay another month in the Philippines and tonight I was asked if I'd be relocating here.  I've always responded with a giggle and a smile to the issue but tonight I laid in my bed thinking about it.  I already have my dog here, Balboa.  Over a year and a half ago I was given only two suitcases to pack up my life of 11 years (in Korea) and move (to Canada).  I packed one suitcase coming here to the Philippines, perhaps that's all I need.  Me moving from Canada to Korea was to explore and expand myself.  My move from Korea to Canada was taking back my freedom, safety and sanity.  Perhaps a move to the Philippines would be to create a future.  It'd be a clean slate all over again.

It's just a thought I'm pondering.  Don't read too into it.  I'm not opposed to the idea of never returning to Canada, just saying.

No comments: