As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Adding Up the Numbers... Thursday, May 11

While laying in bed tonight, struggling to stop my brain from working on overtime, I figured out some numbers...

When I ran Hulk's in Korea I worked a 70hr, 6 day work week.  

I'm pretty much still working a 70hr work week but it's a 7 day week.  Today I spent 4hrs training between boxing and weight training, and then I spent 6 hours business planning.

My upcoming business poses a possibly 90hr, 7 day work week unless I hire a crew. 

I have 6 job positions I have to hire for, for the daily running of my business, so I'm looking at about 20 people I have to hire.  And this doesn't even account for the hired help I'll have to get for the setting up and construction of my business. 

I've been making a lot of contacts here though so I'm very optimistic that once I get my written-in-stone investors the ball will start to roll super fast.  Already I have made connections and know who I'll be hiring for my realtor, PR Rep, corporate lawyer, graphic street artist, and renovation team.  

No comments: