As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Canada-Bound

When I return to the Philippines I'll be living in Makati so Balboa and I posed for one last shot here 
in Eastwood.  I know Balboa will be in good hands when I'm gone, very good hands, but it 
was kind of sad to pose for this picture with him.  I'll miss him so much.
Boarded my plane and for the next double digits it was just me and my bag.
Worked a lot on my business proposal while on the plane and planning what I need to do in Canada.
 The plane rides, both of them, were better then the airport experiences.  I had a rude encounter with the airport jerk -- a Korean dude who ignored those around him so I resorted to telling him off in Korean.  He still didn't listen, hence the nickname I gave him.  In Taiwan even my overly expensive fancy headphones couldn't block out the screaming child.  Security ended up dealing with that kid and the mom.
Up in the sky things were a different story.
I've always been so fascinated with the lift-off and landing of a flight -- the scenery.
 It felt like a whole other world up in the sky.  So beautiful and so peaceful.

No comments: