As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 29, 2017

First Full Day Back

I made myself an egg whole wheat sandwich and coffee for breakfast and sat in my backyard but it was kind of eerie just how quiet this city is.  In Korea and in the Philippines, there's always noises.
I've waited three months for this talented gal pal of mine to do my hair so that was the first on my list to do today. In the Philippines I've let them upkeep the shaved part of my hair and I've been daring in letting one stylist cut my hair but I held off on getting my hair dyed until I returned.
Spent most of my dad wondering around with my dad, Papa Bere.
We took our lunch down to the lake today and enjoyed it there. 
I tried to pretend that I wasn't as cold as I was but the truth is I'm freezing here in Canada!!!
Stopped by Jamestown Boxing to say hi to Coach Adrian.
I've always believed that energy is contagious, both good energy and bad energy, 
but I love the energy Coach Adrian brings to his boxing club and those in his life.  
He's always been super supportive of me.
I've only been out of the country for 3 months and the Philippines was hot but returning to Canada, wow.  I'm super cold!!!  Had to go out and buy a sweater to train in today, seriously!
Ended the day with jam-session with my dad on the piano, each taking a turn on it.

No comments: