As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, June 30, 2017

An Overdose of Awesomeness

Headed to the Mall of Asia Arena for an extra special treat tonight.
Earlier on today I met this fighter -- a fellow Canadian fighter.

He gave me the insider's scoop backstage with the props, the set and even the crew.  It was awesome.
Did you know that it takes the Cirque du Soleil three cargo planes to carry all their props and gear?!
It's true... crazy but true.  It takes them about 10 hours to set up the show and 5 hours to pack up.  Another crazy cool thing I learned tonight.
And the show travels with their own gym!!!
Here are some of the performers warming up before the show.
Going backstage was pretty awesome and I totally didn't expect any of the performers to pose for pictures with me.  I knew they'd be busy and focused on the show but then this particular performer offered to do a picture with me.  Thanks guy, you're awesome!
The show was gorgeous... absolutely and undoubtedly gorgeous.
It was like a feast for the senses.
And the talent the performers showed was so spectacular.
See that one performer on the left rope, I met her... see picture below.
I'm telling you, Wonder Woman has nothing on this female and her fellow performers.
Wonder Woman may be all about female fierceness but she's a fictional character in a movie.  This performer is a real person and the things I saw her do in the show were out of this world.
Another interesting fact I learned today was the fact that most of the set is inflatable kevlar which makes sense because they do have to pack it up with them and take it with them but how cool is that?!  Very cool.

I left the show tonight so highly impressed and feeling so spoiled by the whole experience my new found friend had treated me to.  In a couple of days this massive show will be high in the sky, traveling in three cargo planes, headed to the next country.

No comments: