As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Beat Down and Cool Beats

Stepped into the ring today with a new sparring partner.
We went three rounds only.
It was pretty cool to be stepping into the ring, in front of everyone at my new club.
I think it's safe to say I earned my respect at the club here today, sparring in this ring.
My opponent got a standing count in the second round and then we went for one more round.
Thanks to my coach, Coach Bogs, for taking me on as his new boxer and to my opponent 
and her coach for setting up today's sparring.  
As if the morning sparring and then added extra padwork with Coach Bogs didn't kill my arms enough, tonight I hit the weights for a second workout before heading out.
I got invited to a live music event tonight from DJ, a promotor, and it was held at a gorgeous hotel that hosts one of the coolest pools around -- I'M Hotel.  
The place was packed and they loved the event.
I sat in one of the "bird cages" on the deck, the orange one that you can see in a few pictures above.  But this is what the bird cage looked out onto, a pool that looked down on the city streets.  
This is the view of that same pool but from the street level.
The pool had a glass wall and a glass floor that both pedestrians walking by around and below 
it could look up and see.  It was absolutely fabulous!!!

No comments: