As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Making Connections... Sunday, June 18

I've been making the most random of cool business connections and networking links.  Today I met a man in the market and upon telling him what my business is he smiled and said "my mom's a fight doctor and she's looking to bring fighters here to the Philippines"... umm... yes, please.  Tell her to do that please and tell her to contact me!

At dinner tonight we discussed the next step for me with regards to my business planning.  This week I'll be pitching my business idea to a potential investor, a very successful man who has heard about my idea and is curious.  Tonight I sat down for dinner with a lady that works with him and we discussed it plus other things.  Dinner was then followed by what I joked as being a "sugar search" -- the search for the perfect dessert.  I had just had dinner with two individuals, one of which is a notorious foodie so you know the dinner was fabulous and dessert had to compete with the meal.  Mission a success.  Dinner then dessert and then a tour around of the possible locations this particular person searched out and thought would be perfect for my next business.  Right now it's a toss up between taking over an old used warehouse or a big old house.  Both are pretty awesome and both have their good points and bad points.  I love, love, LOVE the house idea but in my head, according to what I saw tonight, I think the old warehouse is winning.  You just can't beat the parking and those massive garage doors, fabulous.

No comments: