As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sundays in Makati are the Bestest of Best

Sunday #2 of checking out the local market and I'm loving it just as much as the first time.
I'm totally in love with this company -- Siklo Pilipinas -- and I've got my eye on a couple of their products that I want to one day buy.  
And then I came across this man's company.  He was making deep fried watermelon and icing them with his granny's secret icing recipe. I was treated to one and it was delish.  It's definitely a weird combo but it worked.  Can't say I'll be indulging in these too often though.  They'll kill my waistline.
This is more like it... fresh veggies.  Stocked up on them a numerous fruits.
I've decided that Sundays will be my one day off training -- no boxing and no weights -- so I headed down to the pool for some relaxation and light swimming.  Light swimming turned a bit competitive though, of course, when I was challenged to lap a particular swimmer.  I let him go to the halfway point and then I launched off the far end to race him.  Who do you think won?!  Need I really ask?!
Later in the evening I headed out for a light dinner party.
I've been doing a lot of mingling here in the Philippines, networking for my business.
Dinner was beautiful but oh that spicy chicken coconut soup was to die for!!!  Thankfully the other two at my table can't stomach spicy foods so I didn't have to share.

No comments: