As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

So Much all in One Day

A special care package has been sitting here for me for a month or so but I wasn't told till a couple of weeks ago, back when I was in Canada, so today I made the trek out to Quezon City to pick it up.
Everything... and I mean EVERYTHING... is done the old school way, pen and paper!!!
 There are no computers and no kind of electronic system used at the postal office.  The clerk pulled out this thick book, flipped through the pages to find my name, and then I had to take the book and sign it to claim my package.
And as for waiting in line, this was the line -- three benches.
You start at the back bench and then one by one as each client waiting is tended to you move one seat over.  I thought it was hilarious at first but here I am after about 20 minutes of waiting and realizing I'm only half way through the line.
Finally I got my care package.
Balboa loved his Canadian snackies.  He's not actually allowed to sit on the couch and 
eat but he was so hyper with that treat in his mouth that I couldn't say no.
 Checked out another barbar shop here in Makati.
 Thanks to Union Station Barbar Shop for the sweet line design.
It had been a long, long day of sitting in traffic and sitting in lines so it felt so good to get in a 
good workout before I got dolled up to attend a private group dinner party.

No comments: