As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Morning Overdose of Caffeine

He had me at "free coffee".
I went to the Belle & Dragon today to watch the fights and was approached before I went in by a guy who working a display outside.  He was giving away free coffee so for a few poses with him for their company's advertising I was given unlimited free coffee... nice.
I only ended up having one coffee from him though.  
I vouch Belle & Dragon serves up the best cortado coffee ever, seriously, and I had been lured here with the promise of a cortado.  What I didn't anticipate though was scoring the best seats in the house -- a private room for my friends and I.
There ended up being eight of us in this private room and we got rather rowdy when the fights started.
 It wasn't until after the fights that I left our private room.  Many of the people watching the fight had already left but there was still a packed crowd.

No comments: