As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday in Makati

Headed to Elite for morning boxing.
I train alongside this particular Muay Thai fighter from Thailand every week but today are ages became a topic of discussion at the club.  I thought I had props for being the age that I am and being so healthy and active... and then I found out her age.  
She's 49 years young, gorgeous, strong, and boy does she have a mean kick to her!
 I learnt a hard lesson today -- give your body one day off training.
Not too sure what Balboa was doing here.  I think he was just yawning but that yawn caught on camera looks like he's seriously telling people to leave me alone and let me sleep.
Balboa, my four-legged little companion and apparently my personal body guard, nice. 

No comments: