As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 14, 2017

I've Hit a Wall... Friday, July 14

I hit a wall today during boxing and even Coach Bogs called me out on it.

"What are you doing?", he asked.  "Move your legs!"

My head was totally there but I was getting mentally frustrated with my physical exhaustion and inability for my body to do what my mind was trying to push it to do.

I had definitely hit a wall.

I've been playing around with IIFYM, my macro count, and my daily calorie intake.  

What does it mean to be really "active" or "moderately active"?  The calorie allowance is so different.

I'm super active when I train but in between training in the morning and my evening training, most days I'm sitting at my kitchen table doing computer work and business planning.  Like today, I boxed for about 2.5 hours and anticipated hitting the weights for another hour but only 3.5 hours of my day are super active.  After training I shower, eat and then usually flop down on the couch for a good hour.  Then I resume working on my business so I'm emailing various contacts, making calls, and researching stuff online.  

Figuring out my macros has been a means of trial and error but this week, this wall I hit today, definitely indicated an error.  I've been craving bread like a pregnant woman carrying triplets and on the days I box I've been crashing around 8pm and then struggling to get up and hit the weights.

My calorie allowance is too low.  Must have more carbs, too.... fantastic!

Yesterday's breakfast at WildFlour with their massive counter overflowing with baked goods was peer pressure beyond belief and I found myself wondering if I could honestly just lick one... just one!  

Right after boxing I unexpectently was asked to meet with a possible investor and then I had a dinner party later on, out of town, to attend.  My business meeting ended up getting canceled because of a city-wide earthquake drill and then dinner plans got switched to the weekend because I just was way too exhausted.  

No meeting, no dinner party... not even any evening weight training.

I curled up on my couch with Balboa and it was lights out for me.  Woke up hours later and resumed work but by then it was late and people were going to bed.

I called it a day at 3am.

No comments: