As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Surrounded by Success... Saturday, July 15

I consider myself exceptionally blessed to be here in the Philippines, blessed to make my Second Dream and to be supported by not only such amazingly supportive and encouraging people but also so many very successful entrepreneurs.  I don't think I've met as many entrepreneurs as I have here in the Philippines and so often my "two businesses under my belt" card is humbled by the amazing success of those I'm with.

I went out for dinner tonight with three entrepreneurs -- a young artist who started his first business when he was in his teens, who was just featured in Popsicle Magazine for his amazing street art, and his girl friend, a beautiful young lady who makes unique jewelry.  And Skittles, a man who has created a very successful business in Canada and is now building his legacy here in the Philippines. 

The young artist, Dee Jae, makes these fantastic murals and a couple of months ago I saw his works on display at two different locations here in the Philippines -- Eastwood and BGC.  He's got this funky and unique style that I think is so cool and so I'm planning to give him one of the walls in my new business and letting him go to town on it.  Something fierce and kickass, that's the idea I want him to play with and paint.  

I may have created Korea's largest boxing club but I often feel so amateur at times and like such a beginner compared to them.  I am always as inspired as I am humbled hearing about the success and stories these people in my life here in the Philippines tell me but it's good.  It's so very good.  You become like those you surround yourself with and so I had no doubt what so ever that I'll be successful.  I may have to try a little harder to catch up with them, I am a foreigner to business in the Philippines, but I'm trying my best.  Success doesn't happen by accident, it's something planned and worked for and working is definitely what I'm doing every single day.

No comments: