As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

From Fighting to Feasting

Gearing up for sparring.
I haven't been at Elorde for a month and a half now because I've changed homes and cities, 
but today I was back and I was there for some intense sparring.
Originally I was scheduled to step into the ring with Coach Arman but plans changed and next thing 
I knew it I was stepping into the ring with a former champ... Coach Rocky.
Our sparring got a bit dirty, with me bullying him at the side of the ropes.  Oh, I love the ropes!
I've been working on using my upper cut more and I scored some mean ones today.
Coach Rocky.  He doesn't say much but he says a lot in the ring with how he fights.
From beast in the ring to beauty outside of it, I then had to doll up for a dinner party out tonight.
A friend of a friend was having a soft opening tonight of their restaurant, Souv, out in BGC.
It was a "menu simulation" party which meant we were to test out the dishes, the staff, the restaurant itself.  I was lured there by the free food but it's the company that made it fabulous.

No comments: