As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Turn in the Original Path... Sunday, August 13

I've taken two full days off training and my energy level is no better.  It ranges from zero to sub zero, seriously.  Since Wednesday when I hit a mental wall at boxing my energy has been totally lacking and the only thing I can think that's different is I've started taking Jack3d, a pre-workout sub I stir in a glass of water and down about 20 minutes before training.  I've been taking it since two Thursdays ago and my body hasn't felt the same since.

Today I struggled to wake up for the market and it was only the promise of coffee and food that got me out of bed but even then it took me a good solid 30 minutes.  Upon arriving back at the condo after the market, I was suppose to simply shower and then go to church... yeah, that totally didn't happen.  I laid down for a nap and my body totally refused to wake up.  

Woke up many hours later and headed off to my 5:30pm business meeting.

Tonight's discussion centered on getting the numbers and adding an additional step to Empowered.

I'm not a business woman, I'm an entrepreneur but crunching those numbers and having them on the tip of my tongue on demand is not my thing.  Tonight we discussed this and I mentioned I was curious about taking on a potential business partner to deal with the numbers, the admin and background stuff of my business.  I was told it'd be a smart move and so now I'm in the search of a business partner.  I have one potential young lady that I'm very eager to meet and discuss the potential of a partnership with, she comes highly recommended from my main business mentor, and tonight I was recommended to two more at my meeting.  Plan is to meet them all, approach them about my business, and then take it from there.  

I'm also now in the search of a smaller space.  Originally I wanted to go big, loud and proud with my Empowered Clubhouse but tonight we discussed possibly making that the final step, something I should work up to.  If my bootcamps continue at the rate they're going then the next step could be to launch a small studio to test it even further and to take my coaching further.  Doing so would really help me out a lot with landing investors because it'd further and strengthen my brand, it'd definitely aid to hyping my business up more, and it'd give me a solid foundation for which me to approach investors.  It'd be my much needed backup.  Consequently, this would mean I'd go from asking a jaw-dropping lump sum of cash from many investors to just needing possibly a couple of smaller investors.  The odds would be in my favour and it'd also mean I could take this step a lot sooner than later.  I'm going a bit stir crazy with still being in the beginning stage of my clubhouse.  Am still looking for investors.  The plan is to devise a new clubhouse plan, Empowered 1.2, and then pitch it to the investors.  

I was served a piece of humble pie today at my business meeting but it also fed me some amazing food for thought that's going to launch my business forward, that's going to get me closer to launching the Empowered Clubhouse via a different route. I am humbled, I am blessed and I am so very thankful.

No comments: