As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Present Park and History Con

This is how I started my morning -- coaching the Saturday morning Empowered boot camp.
I'm not a morning person but these fabulous gals were so awesome to coach.
I have still yet to coach a female that isn't amazing, seriously and honestly.
Right after coaching, I dropped my boot camp gear off at home and headed out to History Con.
It was held at the World Trade Center Metro Manila and it was jam packed with people 
and things to see.... like the Knight Rider!!!
Now that's one pimped out car, dannnnng.
I'm still very much a truck girl though.  I love my trucks, jeeps and definitely the motorcycles too.
 As for motorcycle gangs, no comment, but I just had to pose with him for a picture.  I had to see who had bigger biceps... of course.  I should note here though that while everyone was giving this beefy man all the attention and lining up for a picture with him I spotted this fierce female.  I thought she looked so badass so I asked her if she'd pose for a picture with me.  Much of my pink hair has washed out and you can't see my tattoos here but I look so completely tame compared to her.  I love her look.
That badass chick and me, we're women... that's our superpower.
And speaking of superpowers, say hello to Takeru Kobayashi.  Now I love food, I'm always eating or I'm always hungry and thinking of food but for me food is fuel, for Kobayashi food is his career.  He's a tiny Japanese cutie, he's quite buff and sports abs too, but he's a competitive eater who holds 8 Guinness Records including eating the most hotdogs.  Today he wooed the crowd with eating 14 hamburgers... yikes.
The best part of the expo was the shop part of the event, a section of the center that was designated to showcasing local talent and skills via their private shops.  Maikala Wire Concepts was one shop I came across and instantly I loved their stuff.  They make handmade jewelry made out of wire.
Check out my bracelet... Empowered.  I love, love, LOVE it.
Not too sure I feel about this scene right here -- Skittles hitting every single target on command. 
He thought I'd feel safer knowing that he can protect me.  I was thinking more along the line that I felt more scared knowing that he could get me with one bullet if he wanted.

No comments: