As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Out with 36, In with 37

I'm not that skinny girl and I'm not getting younger but I'm strong and I'm approaching my 40's
...and I'm proud of that.  Today was the last day of me being 36.  Honestly, I can't wait till I'm 40.
I've got three solid years to get to where I want to be at age 40... it's exciting!!!
So, on that note, after my morning fasted run I headed out to hand out 
flyers for the Empowered boot camps.
A little work on the weekend never killed anyone.  This heat on the other hand... woozers.
I made an executive decision to relocate the boot camps to another park so I headed out that that park to also hand out flyers there.  From Washington Sycip Park to Ayala Triangle, 
now that I'm familiar with both parks it seems like a no brainer.
My birthday isn't until tomorrow but tonight we all went out to celebrate it.
After dinner we dropped by my friend's hair shop.
I tested out their new "selfie light"... as if I wasn't pale enough.  
I like the sparkle it gives to my eyes though.
Received a very cool birthday present -- a handmade skull bracelet.
It sits on my wrist beside another special birthday present I got last year from my ex-fiancee.
[Side note, just noticed I haven't corrected the date error on it... oops.]
Stopped by a friend's bar for a drink, waited for our crew to show up, and then we left.
 The final destination was a local hotel bar that was totally a most unexpected hot spot.
This picture definitely doesn't capture the awesomeness of this place -- the gorgeous interior, the energy of the performers, and the awesome vibe of the crowd.
I was in love with the live music but check out the ceiling and those massive poles.  Both the ceiling lights and all the poles are rows upon rows of shells... stunning!!!
The bar had this King Kong theme... here's us playing around in it.
Tomorrow is my birthday but I'm all about who I ring in such special holidays with.
Tonight I rung in my 37th birthday surrounded by 6 friends.  
They're a beautiful collection of artists and entrepreneurs.  
All super talented, all super driven... all super fabulous.

No comments: