As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 25, 2017

A Early Morning and Late Night Kind of Monday

I was half awake when I got my delivery and so was Balboa, that is until he realized it was food.
Day One with Yummy Diet and this is what they sent me.  
Notice how they even sent me utensils.  I even received coffee, several kinds of tea, 
and a sugar replacement.  Nice.
At first glance the meals looked small but here was my lunch.
It was rather a lot to eat actually, I was surprised.  And yes, I ended up sharing a bit of it with Balboa.
Sparring today with Coach Bogs.
And the most awkward picture of the day goes to me... for realizing just how unforgiving training with grey leggings are and being caught on camera upon my discovery.
It's National Coaches Week in Ontario, Canada, so my social media is blowing up with friends and fellow athletes all posting about their coaches. I'm not in Canada anymore but I'd like to extend this week of coach appreciation by showing some gratitude to the coaches in my life, starting with Coach Bogs. 
I'm convinced he's either got sugar running through his veins or he just really loves life and loves what he does because he's always in a good mood at training and always have plenty of energy. Energy is contagious, both good energy and bad energy, and after a packed weekend of fun with visiting friends, I'm grateful for the positive energy I caught off him. It got me through six solid rounds of sparring on this early Monday morning and allowed me to be more in the fight than ever.
Headed out to BGC for a meeting today with... 
[enter drumroll here please]
...my business partner.

It was a long day for me so I had to order an extra strong coffee which only seemed appropriate because she and I are extra strong women.  Okay, so perhaps that sounded a bit cheesy but trust me, when I tell you later who my business partner is you'll be impressed.

No comments: