As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea on February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I am now, living in the land of the happy people. The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love. Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Way Too Long of a Day... Tuesday, September 26

At 5:30am the front desk girl of my condo building called me -- my food for the day had arrived. 

At 6:30am Skittles called me -- time to get up for boxing. 

At 7am I finally woke up -- had to rush it because I had boxing at 8.

I had boxing today at Hernandez Boxing. It's a ten minute walk from my condo, over by the fire station, but I had it super early. Coach Kristian is also a pro fighter, an active fighter, and he's very technical with how he trains me. Nothing he makes me do is without a purpose or part of a plan, I like that, and he always explains the why to what he's making me do. I like that too. 

After boxing, I then left and that's where the earliness of our training messed me up. It started with me randomly waking through a local mini mall. Everything was closed; I was confused. The streets were completely packed with people rushing every which way, all going to work or already working I assumed. I've never seen so many closed shops and so many people out and about. 

Looked at my phone. It was only 9:43am. 

I don't usually start my day until 10am, when I leave for boxing at that time, after finishing my breakfast that is. Today my day started hours before that. Today pretty much only consisted of me training in the morning, working on Empowered, and fighting the urge to nap by distracting myself with Balboa and drinking extra strong, extra black coffee. By the time 11:30am rolled around, I had already been awake for 6 hours and I was needing a nap. 

Napped for a solid two hours.

Yesterday I had an important meeting, tomorrow I have a big meeting and this Thursday I have another key business meeting, and all three meetings are with three very strong women.  Today was the only real down day.  But with all these meetings and business still being very much in the start-up stage, the work never stops.  It only meant that after boxing today I got to work from home and wear a sports bra and leggings while I slaved away.  

With friends visiting from Toronto, later in the evening we all decided to go out.  We ventured into a speak easy place, a hidden bar that you had to literally walk through a closet to get to.  One of my friends is the owner there and it's got an amazingly chill vibe there.  I didn't last very long though.  I had been up for over 17 hours, was exhausted and was then buzzed after having only drank one drink. It was time to go home for me.  Sent my friends on their way, they went to another speak easy bar but in BGC, and I went home to crash.

No comments: