As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Way Too Long of a Day... Tuesday, September 26

At 5:30am the front desk girl of my condo building called me -- my food for the day had arrived. 

At 6:30am Skittles called me -- time to get up for boxing. 

At 7am I finally woke up -- had to rush it because I had boxing at 8.

I had boxing today at Hernandez Boxing. It's a ten minute walk from my condo, over by the fire station, but I had it super early. Coach Kristian is also a pro fighter, an active fighter, and he's very technical with how he trains me. Nothing he makes me do is without a purpose or part of a plan, I like that, and he always explains the why to what he's making me do. I like that too. 

After boxing, I then left and that's where the earliness of our training messed me up. It started with me randomly waking through a local mini mall. Everything was closed; I was confused. The streets were completely packed with people rushing every which way, all going to work or already working I assumed. I've never seen so many closed shops and so many people out and about. 

Looked at my phone. It was only 9:43am. 

I don't usually start my day until 10am, when I leave for boxing at that time, after finishing my breakfast that is. Today my day started hours before that. Today pretty much only consisted of me training in the morning, working on Empowered, and fighting the urge to nap by distracting myself with Balboa and drinking extra strong, extra black coffee. By the time 11:30am rolled around, I had already been awake for 6 hours and I was needing a nap. 

Napped for a solid two hours.

Yesterday I had an important meeting, tomorrow I have a big meeting and this Thursday I have another key business meeting, and all three meetings are with three very strong women.  Today was the only real down day.  But with all these meetings and business still being very much in the start-up stage, the work never stops.  It only meant that after boxing today I got to work from home and wear a sports bra and leggings while I slaved away.  

With friends visiting from Toronto, later in the evening we all decided to go out.  We ventured into a speak easy place, a hidden bar that you had to literally walk through a closet to get to.  One of my friends is the owner there and it's got an amazingly chill vibe there.  I didn't last very long though.  I had been up for over 17 hours, was exhausted and was then buzzed after having only drank one drink. It was time to go home for me.  Sent my friends on their way, they went to another speak easy bar but in BGC, and I went home to crash.

No comments: