As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Going Non Stop... Friday, September 29

With yesterday being a jam-packed, business-filled kind of overdose of a day, I tried to take a step back and breath today but that was a no-go.  I had boxing to go to, Yummy Diet to deal with, business meetings to set up, and business emails to respond to.

My days are long but with friends from Toronto here my long days have been turning into long nights.

Tonight was no exception.

Two of the four from Toronto are staying in my condo building.  I woke up at 6am today to wish one a safe travel home and tomorrow another one will be leaving.  It's bittersweet to see them leave.  Soon my life will resume to normal.  It'll go back to being business and boxing only focused, training long and working late on business.  But with them gone it means I won't have a little piece of Toronto here to remind me of all the friends and whatnot I miss in Toronto.  

Sometimes I wonder if my friends in Toronto miss me as much as I miss them and sometimes I wonder if they even know I miss them so much.

But anyways...

...back to my story...

With one gone and another leaving tomorrow, tonight we decided to make a late night of it.  We went out.  First it was dinner out.  Dinner was followed by stopping by a friend's hair salon where he and other friends were hanging out after hours.  From there we then swung back to the condo to change and then went out again, this time to a friend's bar.  From that bar we then went to another bar -- a club called Black Market.  

My day had started at 6am and I was heading home at 2am.  

I had been up for 20 hours which was extra rough considering yesterday's nonstop day.

No comments: