As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Making the Dream Come True... Thursday, September 28

12 hours out of the condo, chasing my dream
4 business meetings
3 meals eaten in an Uber
1 huge passion for health
0 excuses to quit

It's been a long day and I arrived home physically tired from sitting in meetings and Uber rides but the positive feedback and awesomeness of today's meetings gave me such a second wind that I couldn't do anything but go to the boxing club and work it off... and in 14hrs I'll be back for more, morning boxing.

I may have had one of the best days of my life here in the Philippines, seriously.  Empowered has been getting so much incredible support and today it seemed like everyone was jumping on board to either help promote it, become a part of it, or cheer us on.  

I got approached to personal train a particular someone who wants to offer me more than I charge.

I got approached about the possibly of having two silent partners.

Some days it feels like I'm honestly pushing away at it but not getting anywhere.  It's like I'm a hamster in one of those annoying wheel things.  I'm working and working but getting absolutely no where.  And then there are days like today where it seems like there's an overdose of productivity and all the pieces fall into place.  

Intially I headed out the door this morning for a special breakfast out and then I decided to go pick up my paycheck from Sports5.  I was just there yesterday and then they texted me to remind me that I hadn't yet picked up my paycheck.

A paycheck?!  Yes, ma'am.

So I headed out for a paycheck I didn't know I was even getting, for an amount I had no idea I was receiving.  Then one thing lead to another and next thing I knew it I was scheduling more meetings and Ubering all over the place.  

It was a fantastic day, definitely!!!

No comments: