As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Working at Full Speed

For everyone who thinks age is important, check out my girl Patty.  She's 49 and killing us all boxing.
And for all my fans who keep on asking for shots of my butt, here you go!
 Had a meeting at Sports5 and check out their lobby.  It's a basketball court!  A-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!
Am blessed to be here in the Philippines, the land of opportunity for us entrepreneurs, but I'm especially blessed for all the strong women I have met, like Patricia. She's a sportscaster and head of Sports5 and is quite the athlete. Our love for boxing was how we originally met. Today I met up with her to bounce some business ideas around and am grateful for her positive feedback, encouragement and help. Empowered women empower women and she's definitely an empowered woman.
Boxing in the park... because when I said we were going to do boxing, I meant it. I showed up with gloves, mitts, an agility ladder, and of course my time bell and speaker! 
Boxing in the park, tonight's Empowered boot camp.

No comments: