As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Boxer Makeover Story

Turned the hallway of the boxing club into a pop-up barber shop today as we hosted what 
I called a Boxer Makeover Story.  Eveyone loves a makeover and I'm no different.
Boxer Makeover #1:  Coach Jun Mar
Cleaned up his sides, shortened his hair and then gave him some defined lines.
Boxer Makeover #2:  Trainer Alvin
Took off a lot of his length on the side by giving him a super close shave.  Kept it fairly long on top and then added a hard part line with the razor.  Gave him a look that was young but very styling.
Boxer Makeover #3:  Trainer George.
With his super thick hair, we kept the length on top but trimmed it a lot on the sides.  He got a close shave and some defined lines to frame his face.
Much thanks to the guys at Elite for letting us host this fun makeover event.
They were such great sports and now their super styling hair matches them perfectly.

And here I thought I was the pretty one amongst them.  Forget that.  These guys went from being super cute to being down right hot.  It's amazing how just a simple thing like a haircut can revamp someone's look and bring out their confidence.  They look fantastic!

No comments: