As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Bye, Bye Roots... Wednesday, October 11

I've been incredibly super hesitant with getting my hair dyed here in the Philippines and I've held off as long as I could.  However with a continual flow of serious business meetings being lined up and now a big one about to go down tomorrow, the push for me to clean up my look and better maintain it is definitely there. 

I really needed to get my roots re-bleached.

I was told by the hair salon next door that they couldn't do it.  What they implied as "couldn't" and what I know as "couldn't" weren't the same thing.  They just don't have the skills.

I was quoted a price by a well-known hair salon that was way over the top and meant I'd have to sell at least a few body parts on the Chinese market to even come close to being able to pay for it.

And then I was quoted a price by Kapwa.  They said they could do it and they did.  They did an amazing job and while I've always pro my girl in Canada, she's the only one I've ever trusted to dye my hair, I think I found a good replacement for when I get it done here in the Philippines.

Kapwa Studio, ask for Leslie if you go.  Her bleaching is on point and she's got mad colouring skills.

No comments: