As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Back at Full Speed... Wednesday, October 25

Enter Alicia Keys belting out her song "This Girl is on Fire" right here because stepping out of the boxing club that's exactly how I felt, on fire.  Today my body felt right on par with where I left it, post amoeba sick days, and I was all too excited and happy about that.  I felt strong, I felt fast, I felt I could keep on going and going at boxing.  

Today was the first day in awhile that I felt unstoppable at training.  

I am 100% recovered from that silly amoeba, "Charlie", and feeling awesome.  

Am back to training and back to training hard.

It was only appropriate that I picked today to break in my new training gear, sent to me from my boxing club in Korea, Hulk's.  They sent me new hand wraps, gloves, target pads, and head gear.  In my excitement over new gear I put the head gear on in the house and walked around for a bit.  It was nice to wrap up my hands and look down to see my club's name on it but at the same time it also made me sad.  I do miss my club so much, I miss my members and I miss my two dogs that still live there.  I miss them every day, all of it, but I know better than to venture back there.  Seeing the Hulk name on my hand wraps, wrapped around my wrists are as close as I dare to return.  As for the gloves, they're small, only 8oz, not my preference of size but they're good for hitting the bag and boy did my punches fly in them, woozers.  Coach Bogs broke in my new target pads with me during padwork and that was a lot of fun.  They're thinner pads but I love the small target on them and boy do they make quite the slapping noise when hit dead on.  I never did get to break in my head gear, I'll do that next week with sparring, but a handful of the coaches at Elite all had fun passing it around and trying it on.

No comments: