As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 06, 2017

Empowered Women Uniting... Friday, October 6

I'm suffering from food poisoning.  Second time for me here in the Philippines but thank God it's not as bad as the first time... holy hallelujah for that!!!  I'm not too sure what I got it from but I definitely got it.  Life still goes on though and I can't afford to stop while this passes so I crossed my fingers, put my big girl panties on and headed out the door for my business meeting. 

I had a much-anticipated meeting with the Athletics Director of the Philippines Women's University out in BGC with my partner, Coach Farah.  We discussed with her the idea of doing a pro-bono boot camp for her students.  

Later on in the evening I was contacted regarding another awesome opportunity for Empowered.  They want to sit down with me to discuss possibly volunteering at a women's correctional, a drug rehab facility.  They also touched briefly upon getting involved with an advocacy for battered women and that's something that I would really love to be involved with.  It ALL is actually but I've never done a drug in my life and helping battered women touches home for me, a little too home but I know I have a story that could inspire them.  

Big things are happening for Empowered, I can feel it and I see it more and more.  The attention it's getting, the reaction it's stirring up and the fact that outside companies, organizations and people are approaching us about us connecting with them is amazing.  It reassures me 100% that what we're doing is going to change lives.  

The plan now is to create a long list of other women-focused organizations we can approach and get involved in.  Empowered women empower women and I'm going to push this forward and make it such a reality that even the media will be quoting me on that one.

No comments: