As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 06, 2017

On a Caffeine High, Full of Babe

I made the mistake and ordering a way-too-big-for-me coffee right before my business meeting 
today and so I was wired on caffeine for the rest of the evening.
Today Empowered met with the Athletic Director of the Philippines Women's University, an amazing woman who has quite the impressive football background and love for fitness and health.
Stopped by Skittles' shop to see how it was going.  The couches are all finished now and it's looking
great.  His workers are really doing a fantastic job.  I'm so impressed... and borderline envious!
Can you see it?!  Estimated distance, 11kms, estimated travel time.... 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Nice try.  It took 1 hour and 30 minutes, brutal.  
 It was well worth the travel though because tonight I had a special birthday party to attend.
Tonight I was celebrating a friend from Toronto's birthday here in the Philippines.  She's originally from the Philippines so her and her family flew here to celebrate it with more family... #blessed
 And a lot of family there most definitely was.  The house was packed!!!  Loved it.
So there I was, celebrating a friend from Toronto's birthday here in the Philippines when in walks a lady who is from my hometown of Cheonan in Korea... it's a small world after all, holy cow batman!!!
 Lots of family, lots of fun and giggles, and of course lots of food too.
Where ever there's Filipino family this is always sure to be an abundance of food.  It's an expected given.

No comments: