As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Getting Over the Hump




When you're on doctor's orders to refrain from any training for the next 3-5 days and all you can think about are the gains you're losing. Struggling to get through the first day.
What a hump of a Hump Day I was in so I posted this on the Empowered Clubhouse Facebook group page because I was struggling with the question too.  Slowly but surely I'm getting my appetite back and next week I'll be able to train, so for now I'm staying positive, giving my body the physical break it needs to rest and recover, and I'm mapping out my training that will start next week.
I was told to stay away from the boxing club, that's where I obviously box but it's also where I do most of my functional weight training too.  But I wasn't told to stay away from the pool.
In the evening I headed out of town to the City of Dreams to watch The Sound of Music. I had come to support the cutest of the cutest, the second shortest gal up there (Sam) at tonight's performance. Sam played Marta. It was my first time seeing the Sound of Music, I've never seen the movie, so it was so amazing to have my first time be a live performance and with a very special family member in it.
There were 18 Pinoy kids that were casted and after the show those who performed 
tonight came to snap pictures with the crowd and sign autographs.  
 In total, there were 15 of us together tonight, all there to support the adorable little Sam.
Posing together with my ladies (and Michael) and somehow I ended being asked to pose with the guitar. I take it I was Maria from The Sound of Music and they were the kids, too funny.

No comments: