As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

A Boy-Filled Kind of Day

 Off to Belle & Dragon to watch the UFC fights with the boys.
 In the presence of 5 professional fighters and a whole bar full of fighting fans, we watched the fights.
Even a boxing Batman showed up... hahaha.
 This was the moment of the day for me, seeing Rose come out on top to do what others thought impossible.  She wasn't expected to win and was going against the reining champ.
Today was my day off, seeing as yesterday I failed with that.  I got kind of stir crazy in the house, 
trying to relax, so I got dolled up and headed out the door to BGC.
Balboa had gone earlier to BGC, to Skittles' salon, where he spent half the day there entertaining clients, chasing the female workers, and milking the "cute card".  I had a proud mommy moment when I heard the feedback on Balboa.  He had no accidents in the salon and he was such a good boy.
Showing up after hours, because that's really only the time this girl is allowed in this mens-only
man cave, meant I got to get my head shaved and lines worked on.  

No comments: