As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 06, 2017

Girl Power In and Out of the Ring

Tested out my new head gear today and for the first two rounds I absolutely wasn't a fan of it.
I thought the shape of it would better protect my nose but in my haste to tie it up quickly and start sparring, I had tied it too tightly so it was pressing on my nose and I struggled to breath.  Thankfully Coach Bogs fixed it for me but man were those first couple of rounds rough for breathing and holy distracting to my focus!!!
I haven't been sparring in about 3 weeks so I knew I wouldn't be up to par with 
where I was before but it made for a good sparring session.
Ten seconds ago we were trying to knock each other out but then the bell went.  The round was over. 
Now we're back to being friendly and joking around.
Attended a business event tonight hosted by A Space here in Makati.
Was quite impressed with tonight's speaker, Guita of Lean StartUp Philippines.  It was clear she had the expertise and experience necessary to answer our business questions and concerns.  We ended the night with an extra dose of girl power motivation from her and a pic together -- my business partner Farah, Guita and me.

No comments: