As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

One Super Wet Day -- Sweaty and Rained on

My crew of Empowered Sisters for today's Empowered boot camp went from 5 to 3, then 3 to 2.
It makes it hard for the planning process of it and I'll admit it's discouraging too but once the camp starts, to tell you the truth, those that are there training hard with me are all I'm focused on and nothing else matters.  I always have an awesome time coaching them.
"It's your day off boxing", he said, "no boxing and no weight training"... so I went running.
This picture totally captures who I am -- an athlete and an entrepreneur.
Sporting my training gear and Empowered Coach Amy sweater on, I may be training but I totally have business on the brain.  Always planning my next move, my next step, and slaying my goals.
A street festival totally sidetracked me.  It was a TLC event and Boddy from the TV show "Cake Boss" was there.  Turns out this event totally derailed me off my running route too and got me lost.
I've been craving cupcakes for two days now and walking into the boxing club to see this didn't help.
Balboa joined me on my visit and he got to meet all the coaches and many of the fighters.
My kind of guys at my kind of club on a Saturday night -- Coach Bogs, Balboa, and the boxing club. And no, I didn't box or weight train tonight. I may have cheated by running and have had a longer-than-expected run (because I got lost) but I didn't box or hit the weights. Just chilling like villains here... and fighting the urge not to indulge in Coach Jasper's birthday cake!!!
Balboa was the star of the night, with many people wanting to pick him up and say hi.
Here's Trainer Alvin taking him through a little obstacle course.
So cute.  I swear, Balboa is definitely a smile generator.  The amount of people who look at him and smile at first glance is pretty cool.  There's something about that little boy that makes people happy.

No comments: