As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

I'm Different, He's Not... Thursday, December 21

It's coming to the end of the year but I'm not slowing down one bit.

This time next year every thing is going to be different, mark my words.

This time last year I was living in Canada and now I'm living in the Philippines.

Two years ago, a bit over, I was living in Korea.

This time next year, I'll be typing you this from the inside of my new business, Empowered Clubhouse, and it's going to be amazing.  

I had a chat with Snickers about it tonight... yes, you read right, Snickers.  He had texted me several times, asking when I had time to talk.  I agreed upon tonight, tonight at 10pm, so that's exactly when we talked.  It was a short conversation, it always is, but he asked me if I was happy here in the Philippines.  Yes, I am very happy here.  Of course I miss my close friends in Canada but I'm doing what I love here and I'm surrounded by such awesome people that support and encourage me.  I have a whole different life here and though the struggle is real, the struggle is one I know is worth fighting for because I'm not alone fighting it here.  

Snickers says he's going to move to the Philippines for some kind of work connected to Bitcoin.  I don't take it seriously though and I refuse to read into it.  I have my own opinion of Bitcoin just like I have my opinion of Snickers wanting to move here but I won't give it.  My concern is with Hulk's and with Empowered.  Our third business partner is running full force with Hulk's so I know it's in good hands but I don't want Snickers here.  I can't have him here.  It's already a little nerve racking to be living so close to Korea but to get word that he's thinking about moving here.  It better just be all talk.  I'm finally healing from all the damage he did, I don't want to unravel all the efforts to build myself up that has been done.  I feel like this is just another head game and I'm not playing so beyond expressing somewhat of an opinion here on my homepage this will be the extent to which I give it even a second thought.

No comments: