As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 04, 2017

Slaying It... Monday, December 4

It's Monday... correction, it's MONSLAY and boy did I slay it.

If slay is the new trendy word with my Empowered sisters and the boxing coaches at Elite than today I was the poster child of what it means.

I slayed it today!!! Monslay.


The next big thing for Empowered is setting up another large scale bootcamp but at a female correctional facility here in the Philippines.  They already like our idea but next week I'm meeting up with those in charge to sort out the details and make this happened.  I'm super excited about it.  

Last week I saw some possible locations for Empowered and today I was contacted about two more possibilities.  I did like one of the three I saw last week and so I inquired about some additional construction work I wanted to do with it.  It's a smaller-than-wanted space but if they accept my idea then the space could be exactly what we're looking for.  Plus, the fact that it totally fits within our budget and is actually a lot cheaper than we were expecting to pay is a huge perk.

This Thursday I'll be doing some promo pictures at Hernandez Boxing Club for the Empowered boxing classes I'll be launching there.  So I have a photo shoot in the morning, then training with Kristian.  Kristian is an amazing coach and friend, and he's been super supportive with not only my business venture but also with my boxing.  

This Thursday is also the grand party for Skittles' business, The Refined.  Rumor has it about 150 have been personally invited to it.  I wouldn't miss it for the world!  Two of the coaches at Elite might be dropping by to pay him a visit so that's very sweet.  I can already anticipate them teasing me the next day at training for seeing me in a dress at the party.  My dress for the party, it's called "The Naked Dress".  I've worn it before but it's one of those dangerous dresses that you can't wear anything but the highest of confidence with it because, well, like the name implies, you're pretty much walking around naked.  Skittles is up in the air with which suit of his he's going to wear but he always cleans up really, really well so I'm feeling a bit of pressure to be at least somewhat close to par with his prettiness.  

I slayed it at boxing today though I must admit wearing a long sleeve second skin top made me feel somewhat distracted and confined.  The fact that that shirt retained water and stayed soaked wasn't an issue until I left the boxing club and entered my condo.  One blast from the front lobby air con and instantly I was freezing and shivering.  But at training, the shirt was good.  I don't consider myself to have a big chest but one thing I hate having is baring my chest... in and outside of the boxing club, actually.  I just don't want to be self conscious of how my body is moving and what others can see of it so I try to wear high necklines on my tank tops.  Today's top was the highest neckline.  Perhaps I need to find something not as high.

No comments: