As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Full Day of Empowered... Thursday, January 11

No training today, I had work to catch up on and needed to let my body recover.

It's been a rough week on my body, now that I'm running to Makati for training, and it's been hard to come back from training and jump into work for Empowered.  My boxing and the commute for it takes up such a chunk of my time and definitely a huge chunk of my energy.  The struggle to not fall into pure zombie mode after returning from Makati is real, it's very real.  So today, to avoid the struggle, I went out for a big hearty breakfast of pancakes and eggs, lots of carbs, then returned home ready and wide awake, eager to get to work.  

Today's plan:
  • Breakfast out at Larry's Cafe
  • Get my head shaved at "the shop"... secret
  • Set up stuff for the corporate lawyer
  • Catch up with my homepage and fan mail
  • Business meeting with Coach Farah
  • Set up proposal summary for potential investors
  • Pizza birthday party for Balboa


It was Balboa's 6th birthday today and so I carried on with the tradition I had started years ago for my dogs -- pizza for the birthday baby.  Balboa has his own Instagram and Facebook page.  I can't remember the password and set up for his Facebook page though so I couldn't open it but he did get lots of texts and private messages via his Instagram page.  None of them were from Snickers, that kind of hurt.  Of course Balboa is a dog, he doesn't care, but I care.  Snickers never did really like Balboa.  Skittles absolutely loves Balboa though and tonight he showed up at the condo with two pizzas in hand and a big beautiful smile, eager to celebrate Balboa's birthday with me.  Last year Balboa celebrated his birthday in Canada with a pizza but the year before, when he was in Korea, I don't think Snickers even bothered to get him one.  I doubt he even remembered Balboa's birthday.  

But anyways, staying positive, moving forward...

Balboa was spoiled tonight, definitely.  I don't know what was more shocking, the fact that I ate an impressive five pieces of the fact that Balboa ate four.  I beat him by a slice but then again I'm also like a hundred times bigger than him so I think it's fair to say Balboa won the impressive award today.  He's like those professional eaters who compete in those food-eating contests, like who can eat the most hotdogs or hot wings.  Impressive Balboa, very impressive.  You, Balboa, literally ate your body weight in pizza, well close enough!!!


No comments: