As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Stronger this Weekend

Today it was my beautiful girl Pyen Chi's birthday.  She turned 8.
I miss moments like these, all the time.  Moments where I was surrounded by my 3 four-legged babies and in pure bliss as they so eagerly distracted me.

As you know, Balboa is here with me in the Philippines and I know he absolutely loves being the only child.  He gets so many hugs, kisses and cuddles.  Here's me trying to go to the boxing club but going in for more hugs and kisses.
Showed up at boxing and was the only one training.  Later, some joined me but right at closing.
Feels good to be back at training.  
I was told to "train like a human, not an athlete" today... ya, like that happened.
You're only as happy as you let yourself be, you get the love you think you deserve, 
and you only become the person you decide to be.  Straight up truth, I love it.

No comments: