As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Love At First Sight... Tuesday, March 27

It's been a week since I lost that much-anticipated space in McKinley for Empowered but today I may have actually found it's replacement... and it's SO much better!!!

I had told everyone that despite being so incredibly disappointment with losing our original space, I found comfort in knowing I experienced a similar situation with Hulk's in Korea.  We had seen this one particular space and I remember telling Snickers "I don't care what you have to do -- beg, borrow or steal - -but you get us that space!!!"  We fought for the space for close to three solid months and then decided that we were fighting a losing battle.  I feel silly saying that I cried so much over that spot but it was true.  I cried about it.  And then one day Snickers called me to tell me to get ready; he was going to pick me up.  He had ventured into an abandoned building and wanted to show me it.  That was on a Friday night and by Monday night I was signing legal papers for it.  It was officially ours.  

Of course, having said this though and having experienced, this somewhat set my expectations up extra high when going to view this next space.  It didn't fail me though.  It totally came through.  It's more than twice the space of McKinley but the price of it is very close.  It's bigger, has more breathing room for our design and ideas, and it's a 7 minute walk away from my condo so this means it's super close for all my BGC clients.  

It very well may actually be perfect!!!

No comments: