As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Way Out-of-Town Business Meeting

Showed up for a meeting with the owner of Ensayeo and ended up also 
meeting the owner of Tiger City Boxing Gym.  I should note here that my should-have and would-have opponent that cancelled our fight trains at Tiger City.  I brought that up and that made for a good giggle.
When you first enter the shop, you're bombarded with an overdose of equipment.
 Lots of balls... oh, I do love, love, LOVE the medicine balls!!!
 But the initial shop I walked into was only a teaser of what Ensayo Equipment actually has.  I went up floors and in and out of doors to see other spaces, numerous rooms, with more equipment!
 Shout out here to the security guard outside who kept me company while I waited for my Uber.  
Ensayo is in a bit of a shady area and one guy in particular was circling around the area watching me so the security guard here took it upon himself to watch over me.  Super sweetie.
Quick shout out to this guy too, the one resting in the hammock he made on this crane, 
for the good giggle he gave me.

No comments: