As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

I'm Polish, We're Stubborn... Saturday, March 31

I know my worth and I know what I bring to the table and the other day I felt like I was made out to feel less than what I am, I was insulted, so today I made a decision. I emailed my Business Development partner and told her we're not continuing on with a particular investor. 

There goes a potentially big chunk of money.

Crazy move?  Potentially.  Stupid move?  Maybe.  But it's one I made.  

Perhaps I took a business meeting a bit too personal, sure, but this is business and from a professional point of view I didn't think it cool what went down, what was said and what wasn't said.  It's been weighing  heavily on me and it's been discouraging.

My business is my pleasure and my pleasure is my business, so business life and personal life definitely get blended.  I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing if I was in it for the cash.  I'm coaching on a weekly bases for free and beyond the sponsorships I've got for my boxing and Empowered, I'm not exactly making cash or "living big".  I know what I'm building, I know what I'm bringing to the table, and I'm confident that it's going to be successful because success isn't a fluke, it's a decision.  It's a decision I make every single day to pursue and build upon so I want people in my corner than support me and see my vision.  This is my Second Dream and I'm not going to just bring anyone on my team that isn't all for it.

The struggles are real and they are many but I'm not desperate.  I do have my pride.

No comments: