As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 30, 2018

Out to the Province for Family

Dropped Balboa off at my friend's place and off to Pampanga for family festivities.
 Pampanga is way out in the sticks.  It's pure country.
 Lots of motorcycles and tricycles.  It's an innocent place where my Filipino family started.
No, I didn't drive there on this.  Thank goodness too.  Pampanga is far from BGC.
See all these people, they're family.  But this isn't all of them.  
This is simply those who came out today.
A ride in the country meant sitting in the back of the SUV with our feet hanging out.
My girl gang.  They may be tiny and they may be young but 
they're super fierce, ultra awesome, and all family.
Attended a church service that was much talked about because of the "bowing statue".  Little did I know the bowing statue, God, would bow his head and then pop it back up.  I totally caught it on Instagram Story too and it freaked me out, not going to lie.
 In the evening we all attended the parade.  This was the second time I've experienced it.
And, just like last year, the crowd that showed up was massive.  
The streets were busting at the seems!

No comments: