As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Skittles' Shares The Couch... Saturday, March 10

Today I watched as Skittles stood up in front of some 600+ students at a conference and tell his story of "The Couch".  I've heard the story many time, God, I even played as a character in it, I lived inside it.  It was pretty awesome to have him stand up there though, to share it with all these young, unfamiliar faces.  

Here's the shorter of the long version he shared today, the condensed version he posted online.

The Couch 
Two years ago I found myself living on my best friend's leather couch. All I had a one suitcase full of clothes and the frustration that this was all my life was going to be. It was a very difficult time in my life because I was not truly happy. Even though I had what most people thought was the perfect life -- two amazing kids, a career people would kill for, the best group of friends that always had my back, and the closest family anyone can ask. BUT it wasn't enough. Deep down I knew I was meant for something bigger.  
My best friend had taken me in. He told me to be selfish and focus on me; I owed myself that. He said the universe had huge plans for me and all I needed to do was listen. He also said that one day I would stand in front of hundreds of people and tell them the story of this day. My rock bottom will one day motivate many.  
That day happened! That day was today. 
As I stood in front of hundreds of people, I finally realized this is my calling. This is why God allowed me to survive my bottom, so I can lift others.
As he concluded his hour long speech, the sharing of his inspiring story, students and staff clapped for him.  People got up to take pictures with him and I was so proud of him.  This was his moment.  It was one of many that's definitely due to him.  He's worked so hard to get to this very point and people seriously have absolutely no clue.  It's incredible.  He's incredible.

No comments: