As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Definitely Body Feels it's Saturday

This is how I woke up -- him on me, smiling away.  Okay, so maybe I didn't wake up exactly like this, all smiley, but I did wake up with him all in my face... and him smiling at me.
I may have mastered making French toast.
Today's breakfast included strong coffee, protein-packed French toast, and sugarfree syrup.
 The walk to boxing is long but it's oh so pretty.
Note to self, don't tell any of the coaches you're tired when you arrive at boxing.  
They'll only make you workout all that harder.
Arrived home more exhausted than the already over-the-top, dead exhausted self I left for boxing.
I added to the long walk home with some errands on the way home and then found myself sitting at Market Market, trying to recharge my batteries with some chucks-of-juice fruit juice.
Arrived just in time to watch the sun go down.
Balboa photobombed my picture... totally and perfectly.
This was pretty much how I was the rest of the evening, on the verge of passing out with exhaustion.
Called it a night at 8:30pm.  I can't remember the last time I went to bed so early but I really went hard at training this past week with adding weight training at my condo gym into the mix.

No comments: