As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Gym Nasty Happy and Flat Out Happy

Sweaty but happy... aren't I always, sweaty that is.... ya, and happy too.
Coach laying ringside and me sitting by, the two of us watching one of the other coaches
go at it in the ring with one of his boxers for some sparring.
One of my favourite places to walk through -- the community I pass to go to and from boxing.
He smiles because he knows I love, love, LOVE his ice candy.
I know some others that love it too so I decided to treat the staff at The Refined to some.
What was suppose to be me simply slipping into The Refined to drop off the ice candy turned into me getting into a Korean conversation with this sweet Korean guy about Korean food.  Turns out he's the hubby to one of the girls I've coached and, as it also turns out, he and his wife want to come over to cook some Korean food at my house.  Ummmm... hell ya!!! That's amazing!!!
Speaking of amazing, this is the amazing view from my condo as the sun went down.

No comments: