As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 08, 2018

No Days Off

 Hit the road today with a sweater on and a newly refreshed focus.
Being cheered on by two hardworking guys who waved for my picture.
 Running is great for building up your endurance but it's also great for discovering new places.
Today's discovery was a golf course by the Philippine Army.
Second discovery included a golf driving range.  I'm not into golf but I'd be
down for whacking some balls around.

My crew for tonight's Empowered BoxHIIT in the Park. 
Partner padwork rounds.  We had an uneven number so I got to participate.
I don't care what anyone says, boxing is the best sport and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say these girls also think it's as badass as it is fun.  They rocked the workout tonight.

No comments: